AGRONOMIC RESEARCH INSTITUTE,
- Testing of new varieties/strains developed at research institutes for the formulation of production packages on agro-ecological basis.
- On-farm research with farming system perspective under different agro-ecological zones of the Punjab in order to develop technology appropriate to farmers’ resource base.
- Determining water requirements, irrigation schedule and appropriate methods of irrigation for major field and vegetable crops
- Developing techniques/technologies aimed at increasing income of the farmers by optimizing farmers resource use through:
- Developing new cropping patterns or by bringing modest
- changes in the existing cropping systems.
- Developing economically viable and technically feasible multiple
- cropping patterns i.e. mixed, inter and relay cropping patterns keeping in view the farmers resource base.
- Standardization of integrated weed management methods.
- Screening of herbicides for efficient weed control and to study their toxicity on field crops and vegetables.
- Generation of independent data base for approval of varieties evolved by the Plant Breeders.