Barani Agricultural Research Institute
- Collection, maintenance and evaluation of germplasm of different crops for utilization in hybridization programme.
- Development of high yielding, drought tolerant and disease resistant crop varieties of cereals, (wheat) food legumes, (chickpea, lentil, mung, mash etc.) oilseeds, (Brassica), fodders (sorghum, millets etc) and fruits (peach, apricot, grapes, citrus, olive, pomegranate, plum, almond, apple etc.).
- Standardization of appropriate production technology for field and fruit crops.
- Production of breeders, basic and certified seed.
- Introduction of tunnel technology for off-season vegetables.
- Introduction of drip irrigation system and bubbler irrigation system for economical use of water.
- Propagation of true to type flowers & fruit plants.
- Popularization and propagation of olive in barani area.