Cotton Research Institute
- Continuous genetic improvement for harmonious combination of various traits i.e. higher yield, GOT, boll weight, better fiber quality, etc.
- Tolerance/resistance against CLCV
- Early maturing cotton for wheat-cotton system
- Resistance against bollworms
- Tolerance against higher temperature (Global Warming)
- Tolerance against water stress
- Ideotypes suitable for higher plant population
- Germplasm enrichment and Hybrid cotton development.
- Interaction with various stakeholders i.e. farmers, extension industry etc.
- Generation of knowledge to maximize cotton production.