Cotton Research Institute
- Germplasm enhancement and maintenance/evaluation.
- Development of crosses attempted using diversified/exotic genetic sources for the development of high yielding CLCV resistant varieties.
- Study of hundreds of filial generation material.
- 300 lines are tested in different yield trials to determine yield and different traits.
- Multi-location trails viz NCVT and PCCT are studied over different locations in Punjab.
Root growth pattern studies in cotton varieties to search cotton genotypes for drought tolerance.
- Optimum growth period.
- Plant density dynamics.
- Screening of different insecticides against American bollworms.
- Efficacy of different insecticides against mites on cotton
- Screening of cotton genotypes for relative tolerance to high pest pressure especially to jassid, whitefly and bollworms.
- Screening of different insecticides against sucking insects of cotton
- Effectiveness of different insecticides against pink bollworm on cotton
- Evaluation of different insecticides against mealybug on cotton
- Effectiveness of different insecticides against spotted bollworm on cotton
1000 samples of breeding material and yield trials are tested to measure different quality parameters.