(a) On going
1 Conduction of trial on various problems/issues on different frit crops.
2. Standardization of Varieties for commercial purpose.
3. Provision of true to type fruit plants to the limited number of farmers.
4. Provision of up to date production technology through farmer field visits, personal contacts, T.V & Radio talks, seminars and exhibitions.
(b) New vista
1. Selection and introduction of new Fruit Varieties with improved characters.
2. Introduction of dwarf varieties for high-density plantation to increase per unit production.
3. Standardization of doses of micronutrients and growth regulators to increase productivity.
4. Establish causes and control measures of various disorders such as citrus decline, mango quick decline and mango malformation.
5. To enhance production of true to type nursery plants.
6. Consolidating horticulture activities in research and extension under one umbrella.