a). On Going
1. Enhancement of genetic diversity
2. Breeding for:
High yield potential
Resistance/tolerance to biotic (weeds, diseases & insects)
Abiotic (heat, drought, cold & frost) stresses
Response to low inputs
3. Establishment of package of production technology to realize full potential
4. Resource conservation technologies
5. Promotion of pulses production.
6. Production of prebasic and basic seed of pulse crops.
b). New Vistas
Evolution of varieties having drought, cold and heat tolerance and better quality.