1. Tolerance of wheat and rice varieties/advance lines under different levels of saline sodic environment.
2. Economical and practicable management strategies for safe usage of brackish water.
3. Reclamation of salt affected soils through organic materials (rice and wheat crop residues).
4. Role of tillage practices in crop production on salt affected soils.
5. Sowing methods of wheat in salt affected soils.
6. Mechanical transplanter adaptation techniques and effective age of rice nursery.
7. Comparative efficiency of soil and foliar application of micronutrients, new fertilizer products and new amendments.
8. Response of sugarcane to Zn application.
1. Salt tolerance potential of non-conventional plants like castor bean medicinal plants and roses etc.
2. Investigations on nutritional aspects of orchards.
3. Use of compost for high value crops (fruit trees, vegetables and nurseries)
4. Evolution of new and effective techniques for usage of brackish water that could minimize crop losses and help in controlling threats to soil health.
5. Visualization and investigation for new soil reclaiments.
6. Interaction of Agronomic and Engineering useful practices for crop production in salt affected soils.
7. Formulation of recommendations for application of new fertilizer materials.
8. Testing of rice and wheat varieties/lines for germination at suitable temperature levels.
Boron requirements of rice and wheat through modeling