- Adaptive research and pre-service/in-service training.
- Preparation of production technology of major crops.
- Fixing of area and production targets.
- Preparation of provincial level development projects.
- Interaction with other provincial and federal governments.
- Interaction with research wing.
- Amendments in agriculture laws and provincial level implementation.
- Overview the district level activities.
- Planning and testing new strategies for transfer of technology.
- Service matters of provincial cadres.
- Achievement of area and production targets
- Implementation of production technology
- Conducting village level trainings.
- Implementation of approved projects
- Preparation of district level projects.
- Implementation of agriculture laws
- Participation in review meetings called by provincial authorities
- Feed back on researchable problems
Adaptive Research Functions
- To develop production plan and technologies for the extension staff
- To facilitate federal and provincial research institutes for layout of their trials at A.R. Farms
- To test and evaluate new innovations in Agriculture
- To maintain effective linkage between extension and research.