- The Directorate has switched over from u-matic to digital technology by replacing audio video production equipments.
- Undertaking production of documentaries on agriculture for SAARC Agricultural Information Centre Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Establishment of Media Liaison Units in Agro-Ecological Zones at Multan and Rawalpindi to disseminate site-specific technology through print and electronic media.
- The official website of Agriculture Department, Punjab www.agripunjab.gov.pk has been improved and being updated regularly for information dissemination.
- Website of Journal of Agricultural Research www.jar.com.pk has been launched for making accessible to scientists world over and capacity building of research and extension staff.
- Journal of Agricultural Research has been got recognized from Higher Education Commission under category “Y”.
- Addition of new telephone line 0800-29000 to the existing Punjab Agricultural Helpline 0800-15000 to accommodate increasing load of telephone calls by farmers. The duration of Punjab Agricultural Helpline has also been increased from 6 to 12 hours daily.
- Use of Telephone Conveying System (TCS) for information dissemination and transfer of agriculture technology to farming community
- Shifting of Agricultural Programmes “Haryali” telecast by Pakistan Television from PTV National to PTV Home channel.
- Shifting of Agricultural Programmes broadcast through Radio Station, Lahore from Lahore-2 to Lahore-1.
- Provision of modern library facilities and documentation centre with online searching facility for databases in Directorate of Agricultural Information Punjab, Lahore and addition of books and national / international journals to the library stock.
- Facilitation for internship to students of Mass Communication Department of Lahore College for Women University since 2007 and University of Agriculture Faisalabad from 2009.