Two Media Liaison Units have been established at Multan and Rawalpindi which have started functioning during January 2008 where sufficient local/national press and electronic media are available for effective technology transfer. These units perform the following functions:
- Coverage of agricultural development activities, farmers gatherings, refresher/training courses organized by Agriculture Department Punjab through print and electronic media.
- The farmers are informed and advised in the shortest time about sudden on-slaughts of insect-pests/diseases attacks and weather vagaries/ changes through local print and electronic media.
- Providing assistance to the electronic media in productions / telecasts of modern crop production technologies for educating and motivating the farmers.
- Release of daily agricultural news bulletin for broadcast through Radio.
- Maintaining effective liaison with local newspapers/magazines by issuing handouts/press releases on agriculture.
- Issuing contradictions / clarifications of wrong news/ information appearing the newspapers/magazines on agriculture and agricultural development/planning/policies.
- Arranging farmers interviews for broadcast through radio.
- Rendering support in maintaining Library of video stock shots/footage at headquarters for production of video messages, documentaries and telops on agriculture.
Media Liaison Unit, Multan
Media Liaison Unit, Rawalpindi