REGIONAL AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH INSTITUTE,
a. On going:
- Collection, maintenance and evaluation of germplasm of different crops for utilization in hybridization programme.
- Development of high yielding, drought tolerant and disease resistant crop varieties of cereals (wheat), food legumes (chickpea and mung), oilseeds (Brassica), fodders (sorghum and millets)
- Standardization of appropriate production technology for field crops.
- Evaluation of international trials/ nurseries of bread wheat and chickpea
- Shuttle breeding at Kaghan for enhancing the homozygosity
- Population dynamics of aphids in wheat crop
- Sowing date trial of wheat
- Response of seed rate on the yield of advance lines of various crops
- Effect of different levels of fertilizer on the yield of wheat.
- Seed rate studies at farmer fields
- Production of breeders nucleus seed of wheat advance lines and varieties
- Technologies services to the farmers
b. New vistas:
- Studies on karnal bunt and stem rust resistance
- To increase number of grains per unit area through increase in number of tiller or more grains per spike or 1000-kernel weight.
- Development of genotypes of various crops tolerant to drought & heat
- Enrichment of germplasm through public-private partnership
- Research and development work on Jatropha
- Research and development work on Ispaghol