Biotechnology Research Institute
- Testing of Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) of any crop through PCR tests.
- Determination of purity of any crop variety based on molecular markers.
- Verification of Hybridity status of seed through DNA markers.
- Basmati rice can be discriminated from non-basmati on the basis of molecular marker analysis.
- Presence of disease resistance genes in our local germplasm may be monitored using published DNA markers.
- Genetic diversity assessment may be carried out at molecular level for any crop to guide breeders in formulating their crossing programmes.
- Disease free seed production of vegetatively propagated crops like potato and sugarcane through meristem culture.
- Doubled haploid production in wheat to save time in variety development and to achieve instant homozygosity.
- Preparation of mass inocula from the efficient isolates of above mentioned microbes, provision to end users for soil & plant inoculation for legumes, cereals and forages.
- Dissemination of research findings to scientific & farmer communities and popularizing the technology for cost effective crop production