- Survey, collection and identification of useful and harmful insect and mite pests of field, forage and horticulture crops and stored grains in different areas of the province.
- Develop knowledge of biology, ecology, pest out breaks and weaker links in biology and behavior of major insect pests.
- Screening of insecticides for their efficacy, dosage, time and method of application for quantitative and qualitative insect pest losses in different area so the province.
- Development non-pesticidal control measures especially biology, mechanical, physical, pheromonal and cultural for major insect pest to minimize dependence on insecticides
- Co-ordinate with breeders to evolve high yielding insect pests resistance varieties and determine the factors contributing the resistance.
- Development techniques and strategies for securing grain and grain products in storage
- Integration and evaluation of different measures for evolving economical and effective pest control techniques
- Rearing of important parasites/predators, their release and evaluation for bio-control of crop pests
- Dissemination of knowledge regarding pest problems and their control measures, through seminars, exhibitions, refresher courses, electronic and print media.