1. Since inception, procurement, production, processing of high quality crop seed increased tremendously during last 28 years starting from 1,000 MT to 80,000 MT per annum.
2. Besides meeting the requirement of the farmers of the Punjab province, supply adequate quantum of certified seed especially cotton and wheat to other provinces. PSC supplied 107205 M.tons of wheat and cotton seed during the year 1980 to 2006.
3. PSC also exported quality seed to other countries such as Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Burma, etc. through FAO.A quantum of 31,000M.tons of certified seed were exported during the year 1980 to 2006 and earned substantial amount of foreign exchange for the country.
4. Production of high quality Potato seed through tissue culture technique and its Supplies to the farmers at about one-third of the price of imported seed it is worth mentioning that the potato seed produced by PSC through tissue culture techniques are virus-free and better in quality than the imported.
5. Pioneer in production of contamination free lint.
6. PSC also increasing the production and supplies of Vegetable Seed such as peas, Carrot, Okra, Onion, Bitter-gourd, Spinach, etc, which were previously imported from India and other countries .PSC is annually producing about 500 M. tons of vegetables seed other than potato .
7. PSC has also started hybrid seed production of Maize in collaboration with MMRI, Yousafwala. Under this joint collaboration PSC produced about 800 bags of single cross maize hybrid FH-421 which is presently being sold out to the Maize growers at about half the price of the imported hybrid .i.e. @ Rs 175/-per Kg. despite at par in yoeld potential as such is in great demand.
8. PSC has already initiated the case with some multinational firms of Turkey for import of promising lines of B.T. cotton and hybrid seeds of vegetable crop for their local production under our local environmental and soil conditions at large scale to provide the farmers at cheaper rates than imported hybrid and B.T. seeds.
9. PSC has been also entered in to a joint venture through on agreement with Chinese company i.e. M/s Silver land Biotechnology Co Beijing China/CAAS for local production of Bt Cotton and hybrid /hi-tech seed of vegetable in Pakistan.