- The organization has collected huge data on various aspects of insect pests and diseases incidence from every ecological zone across the Punjab.
· This is being used by the policy makers, research and extension workers of provincial as well as well Federal Government for crop management.
· The data so collected is a valuable asset for short term as well as long term planning.
- Development of early warning system for the farmers in respect of infestation and recommendation regarding remedial measures.
- Creation of awareness among the farming community for adopting IPM techniques.
- Training of farmers in pest scouting and determination of pests and disease incidence and adoption of appropriate control measures.
- Training given to extension staff, farmers and pesticide dealers about pest identification and safe handling of pesticides etc.
- Discouragement of scheduled spray and focus on need based sprays after pest scouting.
- Establishment of Biological Lab at Gujranwala for the control of Rice Insect Pests.
- Checking of infrastructure of pesticides firms for the purpose of registration / renewal.
- Eliminate of adulteration in pesticides through anti adulteration campaigns to ensure the availability of quality pesticides to the farming community.
- The ratio of unfit samples have been reduced many folds i.e. from 14-15% (1997) to 4.92% (2009).